Saturday 29 August 2015

The Last Night

As I moved out of my room and walked through the hall, the cold breeze across the room through the windows gave me goosebumps in a fraction of seconds. I was afraid. Insecure. Nervous and anxious about spending the last night at my place.
The nostalgia took over me and didn’t let me sleep. The thought of this night being the last night here was pounding in my head over and over again. I had spent as many as 5 years in this flat. A 1 bhk in a residential apartment located in Salisbury Park, Pune. I had seen some of the most difficult times of my life here, which I faced and moved on and also, created some memories that I will cherish for life. I had got married the same year when I had moved into this flat.
The flat has been a witness to my life during my Bachelors and how everything changed for the better after my marriage. My wife made it what it is today and is the very reason I feel nostalgic about this night. Hard to believe how quickly the time has passed and tonight I was spending my last night here.
No. This is not the end of my life. Not even something to be sad about.
This last night was all about the excitement, the happy feeling and the new beginning. The essence of shifting to a Home of my own, a place that will be mine, is magical.
Yes. I am shifting to a 2 BHK flat in a residential project by Prathamesh Constructions the next day. It is the Prathamesh Deep project by Prathamesh Constructions in the same location where I spent 5 years of my life in a rented flat. The Salisbury Park in Pune will always be associated with all the happy memories and moments I have spent in the city.
Even though I feel nostalgic about leaving this flat and shifting tomorrow, I am more than happy to move into my own home in Prathamesh Deep with my family. My daughter and wife are way too excited to start our life in our new home. This night will not come again, I will not be moving from a rented flat to my new home again and hence, here I am, writing everything that is coming to my mind right now. -Sumit Patil 

No comments:

Post a Comment